In 2012, I worked for 6 1/2 months aboard a ship called Wanderbird. We travelled up the Maine coast, Newfoundland, Labrador, Greenland, and then back again. It completely changed my life. Now that I'm back to reality, it's time to figure out what my next chapter will be.

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Oh no!

Has this become one of those blogs that only gets a few sporadic entries and then fades into oblivion, only to be found by the random Google search?  Is it that link you follow because the info blurb on your search list seems like it might somehow be a good source to cite in your research paper, but it turns out that it's just somebody's sad attempt at a blog that doesn't even have that much content?  If so, it will then continue to pop up in search results as you look for real sources by people who actually write at least once a week and have something more to say.  It will start to annoy you because it will probably fake you out a couple more times before you realize that it's the same link you've followed 4 times already, and it still isn't acceptable.

NO!

I can't let that happen to this blog.  I DO have things to say...I have so much to say!!  I miss writing so much and I'm going to do more of it.  The thing is, I have college essays to write.  I'm transferring to a different college and I need to work on my applications.  I'm afraid that if I write a lot in here, it will feel like I'm just writing a less polished, less formal version of my application questions, and I would rather not have that be the case.  So I've been going about this with the mindset that if I don't have a comparison to make, I won't have to worry about it.  Of course, so far that's just led to my angst about losing track of this blog.

It's not going to happen.

I will be back.  In a couple months, I will be back.  Once I've sorted out my other ventures.  I promise.

And when I DO come back, this blog will be the greatest thing this little town has ever seen!

No comments:

Post a Comment